TOPNews – How to write your own autobiographical text or life story so that others can read it and learn from it is a challenge for you. Especially if in life, you have experienced difficult times until you are successful, there is a separate method in writing so that readers can be interested and take lessons.
In addition, autobiographies are also often used in the job application process. You will usually be asked to describe yourself or write an autobiography. You can write an autobiography in your CV or job application letter. Believe it or not, the ability to describe yourself well will be one of the keys to job applications leading to interview.
So, how do you write your own autobiographical text?
Definition of Autobiography
An autobiography is an article that contains your journey, starting from your life history, experiences, and is packaged using the first person point of view, namely using me or me. So, an autobiography is a piece of writing that contains your life journey and is written by yourself.
Autobiographies are usually written using a narrative style and contain about your life’s journey from childhood, difficult times, disappointments, failures, successes, happiness, sadness, to the present situation.
Purpose of Autobiography
Writing an autobiography has several reasons why you should write an autobiography for yourself.
- Autobiography can be used as a medium of information about experiences or lessons from life stories that inspire someone in their field.
- As a medium to tell ourselves to others in more detail.
- Autobiography can also be a medium for ‘image’.
- An autobiography is a story about a person’s life journey written by himself or with the help of other writers. Autobiography is written based on the experiences or memories of the characters written.
- Autobiographies usually contain information about the life of a character from difficult times to success.
- Autobiography can also show the positive side only. In fact, it can also be written in the context of imaging.
- Autobiography is written so that people know more about what he did during his life. The autobiography must also contain wisdom and valuable lessons that can inspire someone’s life.