Jakarta, TOPNews Indonesia —
Padang sauce is a choice of sauce menu that is suitable to be served with a variety of foods. Starting from crab in Padang sauce, Prawns in Padang sauce, squid in Padang sauce, to chicken in Padang sauce. Following recipe Padang sauce a la seafood stalls on the street.
Padang sauce is a typical menu that must be found in many seafood stalls on the roadside, in restaurants or other seafood concept places to eat. Padang sauce has a distinctive taste, namely spicy, sweet and slightly sour. This combination of flavors makes the Padang Sauce menu a favorite.
The basic ingredients of Padang sauce that can be used are tomato sauce, chili sauce, and oyster sauce. The cooking process is also quite easy.
Here’s a delicious Padang Sauce recipe
Illustration of crab in Padang sauce. Crab can be used as a raw material for a Padang sauce recipe. (Photo: TOPNews Indonesia/ Hesti Rika)
Raw materials that can be used can be in the form of shrimp, squid, shellfish, crab, fish, or chicken. If using chicken, choose boneless breast or thigh meat that is cut into cubes.
The portion of Padang sauce this time can be used for 500 grams of raw materials for shrimp, squid, chicken, and fish.
Smooth seasoning of Padang sauce
Chili illustration. Ingredients used to make Padang sauce. (Photo: TOPNews Indonesia/Andry Novelino)
- 10 red chilies
- 3 cayenne pepper
- 4 garlics
- 6 red onions
- 2 pinches of salt
- piece of ginger
Puree or blender all these fine spices. To make it easier, you can add a little oil. The amount of chili can also be adjusted according to the level of spiciness you want.
Ingredients for Padang Sauce
Prepare the following ingredients to add filling and give color to the dish.
- 1 cob of sweet corn, cut into pieces
- 3 spring onions, cut into large pieces
- onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 150 ml of water
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
How to make Padang Sauce
Illustration of prawns in Padang sauce. The recipe for Padang sauce in the style of a street seafood stall. (Photo: TOPNews Indonesia/Tri Wahyuni)
Follow this step-by-step guide to get the distinctive taste of Padang sauce:
- Pour in the oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the ground spices for frying.
- Then add the onions and scallions to the stir fry.
- Add the corn chunks to the stir fry.
- Stir until the onions look slightly wilted.
- Then enter the basic ingredients such as squid into the spice stir.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce, 3 tablespoons of chili sauce
- Stir until the sauce and spices are evenly distributed and slightly thickened.
- Then mix the cornstarch into the spice stir.
- Stir until evenly distributed and the main ingredients are cooked.
- Padang sauce is ready to be served.
Taste the Padang sauce first before serving. You can add tomato sauce, chili sauce, salt or oyster sauce according to taste. Serve and enjoy a delicious Padang sauce recipe with warm rice with the family.