Jakarta, TOPNews Indonesia —
Soy sauce With a sweet and savory taste, it is often used as a spice Cook. Generally, this thick condiment made from black soybeans is mixed into stir-fries, soups, or baked goods.
However, sweet soy sauce is often associated with high calorie causes of obesity weight. That’s because soy sauce contains sugar and sodium as preservatives.
Sodium can also give the effect of wanting to keep eating and drinking. But don’t worry, there are actually soy sauce substitutes for a healthier diet.
1. Coconut aminos
Reported from healthline, coconut aminos is a healthier substitute for soy sauce because it comes from organic coconut sap and natural sea salt.
In addition, the sodium coconut aminos content is quite low compared to ordinary soy sauce, but still gives a salty and savory taste to the dish.
Even this coconut aminos has a color and consistency similar to ordinary soy sauce, so it is not suitable as a substitute for soy sauce in cooking.
2. Fish sauce
Fish sauce can be a substitute for soy sauce for diet in cooking (Photo Illustration: iStockphoto/kps)
Next there is fish sauce which does not contain soy protein and is gluten free. Fish sauce can also enhance the taste of your food without having to use sweet soy sauce.
There are many brands of quality fish sauce on the market that can be purchased as needed. Fish sauce can also be a healthier alternative to salt.
3. Oyster sauce
A substitute for soy sauce for the diet is oyster sauce with a thicker texture and is usually mixed into stir-fries. The trademark of this oyster sauce is quite a lot.
Before buying oyster sauce, check the ingredients label and make sure it doesn’t contain added sugar, caramel, which can increase calories.
4. English Soy Sauce
English soy sauce can be a substitute for soy sauce for diet in cooking (Photo Illustration: Istockphoto/taa22)
This English soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce is more umami and has a unique aroma. English soy sauce is often used as a marinade for steaks, stir-fried mixtures, or processed Chinese dishes.
Worcestershire sauce is gluten-free, meaning it does not contain soy because its composition consists of onions, vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper, tamarind.
5. Bragg liquid aminos
Bragg liquid aminos is similar to a versatile seasoning that has a texture and color like soy sauce in general, which can be used as a substitute for soy sauce.
The basic ingredients of Bragg liquid aminos are non-GMO soy and purified water. Its use is the same as English soy sauce because it can be used as a marinade for fish, meat, or soup.
6. Soy sauce Homemade from coconut water
Homemade soy sauce from coconut water can be used as a substitute for sweet soy sauce in your diet (Photo Illustration: iStockphoto/Gokcemim)
If you want to make your own soy sauce, you can alternatively use old coconut water cooked with spices. Here are the ingredients and how to make soy sauce from coconut water.
- 3-4 cups coconut water, filtered until clean
- 1 grain kluwek
- Lemongrass, greetings, galangal to taste
- Java sugar to taste (adjust the level of sweetness of coconut water)
- Salt to taste
- 3 hazelnuts
- 3 dried flower buds
- 3 tbsp sesame
- 3 cloves of garlic finely
- Soybean powder to taste
Brown sugar here is optional. If the coconut water used has given a sweet taste, you should not need to add sugar.
How to make soy sauce Homemade of coconut water:
- Heat a frying pan without oil over low heat
- Add in the flower, sesame and candlenut, roast until browned
- Roasted spices and stuffing kluwek in a blender until smooth
- Prepare a pan while heating, then add coconut water while filtering
- Add the finely roasted spices to the coconut water mixture
- Add finely chopped garlic, salam, lemongrass, galangal
- Add salt to taste and half a piece of brown sugar (optional)
- Reduce the heat and cook until it boils
- Mix the soybean powder while stirring well
- Cook on low heat for 2-3 hours until dark brown
- Turn off the heat and strain the soy sauce into a container, then let it cool at room temperature
- After filtering, just use soy sauce for your needs
That’s a substitute for soy sauce for your diet and how to make your own soy sauce from coconut water that you can try.